Everything you need to know about Northern Pass.
How do I participate “virtually”?
1) Register as a virtual rider.
2) Raise vital funds for cancer research at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
3) Ride from anywhere in the world. It can be 5km, 50km, or 1000km. It can even be in your living room on a stationary bike. All we ask is that you ride and share how you’re participating by tagging us on Instagram @northernpassmuskoka or on Facebook.
Stay tuned for more details about more ways to participate virtually.
How do I join the Northern Pass Strava Club?
Click HERE to join the Northern Pass Strava Club
Is there a registration fee?
Yes. There is a $50 registration fee. Your registration fee does not apply towards your fundraising minimum; but it does go to ensuring you have a safe, fun & exciting event experience. The fundraising minimum to participate in a one-day Northern Pass event is $1,000 or $1,750 for both days.
Can I change my route selection after registering?
Yes. Please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there an age requirement to participate in Northern Pass? In NPV?
Yes. Rider must be 18 or older to ride. 16 or older if accompanied by an adult. No age restrictions for virtual participation.
Is there a minimum amount I need to raise to participate?
Yes, the minimum is $1,000.
Is there a fundraising minimum for The Northern Pass Virtual Ride?
No. But we do ask that you consider making a self-donation.
How do I track my kilometres to participate in challenges?
Tracking your KM can be easy by joining our Northern Pass Strava Club. Click HERE to join.
What is the participant centre and how do I use it?
The Participant Centre is the password-protected area of the website available to you once you register. Once registered, log in with your username and password to access some excellent tools that will allow you to monitor your donations, set up or edit your Personal Page, send emails to potential donors and more!
Here’s a summary of what’s available to you:
- Personal Page: Your Personal Page serves as your main communication piece to tell your story to potential donors, appeal to sponsors, and show your fundraising progress. Update your page with photos and videos to let people know why you are participating in Northern Pass.
- Email Centre: The Email Centre allows you to customize email templates (or create your own) to help support your fundraising efforts.
- Edit Profile: Edit Profile allows you to update your user information including: ID, password, contact information and fundraising goal.
- Donation History: Donation History allows you to keep your campaign on track by monitoring the funds raised in relation to your goal, view donation details, and, if need be, adjust your fundraising goal.
- The Address Book: The Address Book allows you to add or import contacts from other email programs, edit contact information, as well as send, monitor, and track responses relating to your fundraising efforts.
- Follow-Ups: Follow-ups helps you track and monitor your campaign communications with handy reminders letting you know who has visited your personal page, who has donated, whom you need to send a “Thank you” email to.
What are the fundraising requirements for 2023?
For our seven-year anniversary, we are maintaining the fundraising commitments set out in previous years. To participate in the event, each rider is asked to raise $1,000
Though there is no minimum for our virtual riders, participants can still earn an official Northern Pass jersey by raising the $1,000 minimum.
Is there a fundraising deadline?
Online donations could be made as late as December 31, 2023, for riders who fell short in their fundraising and did not reach the $1,000 fundraising minimum. Participants may still ride in the August 5 event if they committed to the delayed fundraising program, which requires a credit card to assure the shortfall is covered. Riders have until October 31 to either bring in late donations to cover the difference or have the donation charge applied to a credit card.
I’m planning a fundraiser for later this year - should I continue to plan?
While we encourage you to continue planning fundraisers, we also want to stress that you should follow all current public health guidelines at the time of your event. Our team is also available to help you think creatively about virtual ideas and alternatives for your event.
Should I join or organize a group, club, peloton, or team to participate in Northern Pass?
YES! You can ride as a solo rider but, did you know Northern Pass riders who ride on teams raise close to $1,000 MORE than riders who are solo? Historically, riders on teams have been 20% more likely to make it to the start line.
Will friends and family be able to cheer or celebrate at the start/finish line?
We love a big crowd to help us celebrate. For 2023, we are working with our partners to ensure everyone’s safety and will share details about celebration stations and finish line as our plans continue to come together.
Will there be an official jersey for 2023?
YES. Stay tuned for the grand reveal. All riders, including virtual riders, who raise $1,000 or more will earn the official Northern Pass jersey.
My team is interested in ordering our own team jerseys. HELP PLEASE!
Happy to help. Please contact us at email@example.com